Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I'm Feeling List-y...

This is going to be a short post, but hopefully a helpful one!

Over the last week, I've done a much higher percentage of personal posts than reviews, and the response has been unmistakable.  More people read when I'm musing and talking about comics-related stuff than doing straight-up reviews.  I'm not sure this will change overall--I really like reviewing comics and graphic novels--but I do think it's a good idea to up my percentage of posts that are things other than reviews.

Trouble is, I sometimes have a difficult time coming up with topics for these posts.  Seriously.  I can get into a discussion with friends about whether or not Batman will die in the upcoming film, and then blog a post about that topic, but I often have a difficult time just dreaming up subjects in a vacuum.

So with that in mind, I went and did the (arguably not-so) brilliant thing: I created lists of things to talk about at near points down the road.  I've started with favorites:
  • characters
  • writers
  • artists
  • graphic novels
  • comic books
  • storylines
and so on.  I'm hoping that, by filling these out and talking about the subjects in them, I'll come up with more topics on my own.

But wait!  There's more!  I'm always looking for suggestions from my readers!  If there's anything you want to hear about, please leave a comment and let me know.  I know enough about giving an audience what they want to know that my readers will have excellent suggestions.  Please feel free to hit me up with topics and subjects.

This is, in many ways, as much your blog as it is mine.  Let's keep it interesting for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment