Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Month I Decided to Write Myself Silly

Okay, so, I'm officially crazy now.

Most of you who follow this blog know that I've written in it every day for the last four months, and that I plan to keep that as my minimum pace for... well... forever, if I can.  I'm proud of what I've been able to do on here since I started The Comics Cove, but I don't mind sharing that it hasn't always been easy.  Heck, there have been more than a couple of temptations to let the writing lapse for a day or two, and for good reason: fatigue, video games, etc., but I've resisted so far, mainly out of fear of never coming back.  The result has been a regular blog that I'm happy to say is the longest and fullest I've ever started.

But now I'm compounding it.  In my 100th post, I talked about writing fiction, and how I needed to get back to doing it.  And, for the most part, I haven't made any move to do so.

Until now.

See, one of my friends on Facebook posted that she'd entered ScriptFrenzy for the month of April, and I saw it and was curious.  The basic challenge: write 100 pages of scripted material during the month of April.  Which dovetails perfectly with my desire to write more fiction, since comic scripts are my medium of choice.  So, I decided to enter ScriptFrenzy, too.

So now, I'm committing to writing 100 pages of comic scripts this month.  In addition to posting on the Cove every day.

The good news is, I'm off to a promising start.  I've already written six pages of script in the last five hours, which I'll be posting very soon on another blog.  Link is forthcoming posted.

Keep in mind that I do all my writing during my free time, when I'm not at work.  I also have several events coming up this month that are going to throw my schedule out of its normal alignment, and add a little more stress excitement than usual.  Suffice it to say, this will be an interesting month for me.

Hopefully, the end result will be severalfold: I'll have a hundred extra pages of written material come the last day of April.  I'll have maintained my streak of writing every day in The Comics Cove.  And I'll have come through this an even stronger and more disciplined writer, having put myself through the wringer this month.

If you'd like to help, I'll take any encouragement or moral support you care to offer.  Donations of caffeine, sanity points, and back rubs will also be given serious consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment